Monday, April 7, 2008

Taco Soup - Irene (Law) Ryan

An oldie, but a goodie. I'm sure some of you already have a similiar recipe, but this is what we had for dinner tonight and it's super yummy. I got this recipe from a college roomie when we all took turns cooking one night a week, so we could actually eat real food, but not have to cook whole meal for just one person. It was a brilliant plan - I never ate so good in college as I did that year. This is really great when you're in a hurry, but what something hearty. You just open the cans and dump it all in. I make sure that I have all the ingredients on hand so I can make it at a moment's notice.

Taco Soup

1 lb. Lean Ground Beef, browned and drained
1 medium onion, chopped and sautéed (optional)
1 (15 ½ oz) can Whole Kernel Corn, undrained
1 (10 oz) can Diced Tomatoes with chilies, undrained
1 (15 oz) can Pinto Beans, undrained
1 (10 ¾ oz) can tomato soup, undiluted
1 (1 ¼ oz) pkg. Taco Seasoning
1 cup Water
Fritos (optional)
Cheese, grated (optional)


Combine all ingredients except Fritos and cheese. Simmer on low until heated throughout. Serve with Fritos and cheese, if desired.

No comments: