Sunday, July 19, 2009

Marinated Flank Steak

I had this super yummy recipe at my In-Laws house, oh, years ago. And it stuck in my mind, but I had just never taken the time to get the recipe - which actually comes from my Brother and Sister-in-law. And to make it even better it's super easy, too. I finally broke down a couple weeks ago and we got the recipe from my Sis-in-law and made it up for dinner at ward camp out. It was SOOOOO good. So I've decided to make it again tonight and I can wait! I'll try to remember to take a pic and post it here when they're cooked. In the meantime here's the recipe. Oh - and I can't seem to find flank steak in my local grocery store, so I just get whatever large, thin-ish steak I can find.





Marinated Flank Steak

Meat
1.5 - 2 pounds flank steak (serves approximately 4 people)

Marinade
1 Tablespoon oil
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon garlic

Directions
Roll flank steak length wise. Secure the roll with a toothpick (I just use bamboo skewers) placed one inch apart. Slice with a sharp knife (I use kitchen shears) in between tooth picks for small rolled steaks (you should get about 8-11 rolls for every 2 pounds of meat).

Mix marinade. Put in shallow pan. Marinate rolls either for one hour flipping often, or for several hours flipping once.


Grill on medium heat for an estimated five minutes on each side.
Totally forgot to take a pic - we were too hungry and they were too yummy! Sorry!


No comments: